You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

Thursday 1 November 2012

Cocteau Twins - Sugar Hiccup

Having vaguely been aware of Cocteau Twins, in particular Liz Fraser for her work with Massive Attack and Craig Armstrong, for a while, I finally gave them a listen recently, and one song in particular grabbed me and has dominated my listening ever since. Despite its lack of lyrical content, whenever I listen to Sugar Hiccup I find myself transported somewhere else, with its dreamy, ethereal swirling guitars and heavenly vocals soothing and drenching my ears in loveliness. Like all good things, it’s addictive, and I’ll admit that several times I have played this song on repeat for up to and over an hour. The definition of dream pop, this truly mesmerising piece of music is instantly one of my favourite songs.


No comments:

Post a Comment